Re: [OT] Rapidhoster Down?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Rapidhoster Down?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:44:46 -0000

This was sent out yesterday.....

Rapid Hosting Solutions Ltd System Messsage:

28/07/2003 04:26 PM
- Important - Notice of Emergency downtime.

Some of you may or not be aware that last night we had an outage of
around 2 hours. This was due to theplanets infomart datacenter having
a UPS/Powergrid failure. To resolve this issue they put a temporary
fix in by rerouting the power from another building into the DC.

Because of this our provider have choose to move ASAP. This work will
start tonight at 12am CST (6PM GMT), the window for the move should
be no more than 4 hours max we have been advised. During this outage
all mail will be backed up offsite and normal service will resume
once it comes back online.

We apologize for the short notice, but given the current state of the
Infomart datacenter, we feel it is in our best interest to move
immediately.

Again, thank you for your patience.

.... I guess it has just taken longer than anticipated :-(