Re: OT: Cheap RotoZip Tools at B&Q

Hi Doogie,

I also own various Dremel's, which are fine for intricate
"hobbie" type
work, but the RotoZip is more of a "DIY" tool in my opinion.

I use it all the time for all sorts of stuff.  My favourite is for cutting
plasterboard holes for socket / light fitting pattresses, it's sooooooooo
quick.  There's also a big chunky plaster cutting bit available which I use
to cut perfectly shaped holes in normal plaster / block work walls to sink
pattresses in.  It gives a much neater edge than anything else I've used
(chisels, drill, plug cutters etc), and I find that I rarely need to
plaster
to make the wall good again.

With the ZipMate attachment it also becomes a mini disc grinder / polisher
which is also really useful.  There's also a circle cutting attachment
available which I use for cutting holes in that annoying chipboard sheet
flooring that most house builders use nowadays (whatever happened to proper
floor boards that you could lift up easily??).  Because the cutting bit is
quite thin, and the hole is perfectly round, you can replace the cut-out
back in the hole once you've finished with a suitable bit of wood to brace.

Take a look at http://www.rotozip.com
as there's quite a lot of info there
(including a "what can I use it for" section).

Hope this helps!

Martyn