RE: OT: DIY close shaves, was: OT: Cheap RotoZip Tools at B&Q

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: DIY close shaves, was: OT: Cheap RotoZip Tools at B&Q
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 20:21:51 +0100

I had a very lucky escape last night, I was using a 9" Angle grinder
to cut
4" off the legth of a wall to make room for a shower enclosure. All of
sudden the angle grinder 'bit' in the slot I was grinding and flew upwards
towards my face, I just got my face out of the way to avoid getting the
handle of the AG in my eye.

I drew a few breaths and thought to myself, that was close! ( Was wearing
goggles, ear muffs and a dustmask)

Went to start cutting the wall again, and noticed that the grinding disc
was
missing! It had sheared off when the grinder 'bit' and I was so busy trying
to avoid a handle in the eye, that I never noticed the grinding disc flying
past my head at 4800 rpm!

You can never use enough safety equipment when using power tools!

Cheers, Des.

(Luckily not now the Van Gogh of the ukha world)

: Cheap RotoZip Tools at B&Q

> You still have both eyes?
>
> I did the same with a Dremel, but it was only cutting plastic
> curtain track.
> Flying bits of hot disc went screaming past my ears.  I now wear eye
> protection (sun glasses - safety (& coolness) first, DIY second
blah blah
> blah....!)
>
> P.

drywall, don't try
> ps> to
> cut through sheet metal with it ;)

> A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important
Questions.
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/qkIN2C/Me7FAA/JM.LAA/IBOolB/TM

> ** UKHA2003 BE THERE! Details here:
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=1110