Re: FirM User Document

Hi Frank,

>  I have done a pc interface with Dan Toma IRM ( now INFRAX) and it was
> plug in to Jim Bretts Automat8it...But i think there was a  parting of
the
> ways because Dan started doing x10 stuff as well......and Jim may have
seen
> this as  competiton or something ?? ........

The AutoM8it plugin si still available, but now only from my site...on
AutoM8it page is not available anymore.
The interest for the AutoM8it infrared plugin version was not big enough to
make me further develop it, so it is still at the 1.3 verion.... this can
be
changed in the future, if enough interest..

> Do you realise that FirM does not generate the IR signal ??? Home
Vision
or
> IRM does that all FirM does is direct it to the correct zone or inform
> HomeVision / IRM which zone the received signal came from ???
>
> So firstly your pc software would need to generate the ir data ( the
pc
> interface generates a 38 khz carrier).........
Put me in the loop too please.... to see if and how we can integrate all
the
things (FirM, InfraX and your application).

By the way.... the name InfraX is used by someone else for a different type
of equipment, so I can be forced to change the name again. If you have some
ideas taking into consideration the development of InfraX as another  Home
Automation framework, but with the following in mind:
- keep it is as small and simple as possible (i intend that the basic
application with my plugins included to stay for ever under 1MB (including
DLLs, configuration files, etc.), in order to be able to run it on small
systems
- as much user friendly as possible
- as many features as possible..( this is cool ..:-))
- a very fast and good user suport...any user question to be answered in
the
same day if possible..
- regular updates (in the future maybe an automatic update too), a minimum
of one or two per month..

Thank you all,
Dan

-

> Let me know if this is possible........
>
> Frank

PC.  I
> have
> > bravely committed to demoing it at UKHA 2003.  Do you think it
would be
> > possible to demo Harmony interfacing to FIRM at the show?  I
would
> obviously
> > need a FIRM unit (happy to pay costs here) and some help with the
> interface
> > but apart from that we are a pretty competent gang down here and
I would

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/