Re: [OT] Jail for seller of illegal Xbox chips

> I think Microsoft hopes that all the hacking will shift more X-Box's
which
> they can then use to persuade the rest of the world that X-Box is a
success.

Hmmm sounds a lot like Sony when they introduced the PS1 doesn't it, Not
that I am saying that they set out to create a standard that could be
hacked
you understand.

You only have to look ahead to 2005 when both Xbox 2 and PS3 will released
almost at the same time, to come up with a decent conspiracy theory about
the recent demise of Nintendo as the 2nd choice console.

Lets not kid yourself, making a console hack proof is virtually impossible
but the Xbox does seem very easy to hack. we may find that Xbox 2 is a
little harder to do so but by then there will be less competition.

Sean