RE: UKHA_XBOX ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: UKHA_XBOX ?
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:56:14 +0100

> The idea being that when a topic is generating more than 30 mails a
day
> moving it to a separate list until the volumes die down would mean you
are
> getting less mails on the main ukha_d list.  This means that I can
spend a
> bit more time look at the small volume mails instead of being faced
with
> 30
> minutes and 100+ mails to deal with.

No-one has the time for that though, I certainly don't what you propose
amounts to an almost full time job IMO and self-moderation of that simply
wouldn't work. Also I get my mail sorted by the thread and/or list that it
came from (or sender) and it would make not a jot of difference to me and,
I'm sure, most others that use a mail client in the same way.

But I go back to the original post I made last night and ask, why? The
primary concern I'd have is that I would miss something valuable if I was
not subscribed to yet another list.

Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about...

Lets say that we had a hot topic list and lets say that the initial Fuji
flurry was moved there, then to the Bulk Buy list, how many people would
have missed out? How many people would have complained about cross posting
if the deal was posted on UKHA_D? how much valuable "what you can do
with
it" posts would have been lost to some people, or made it harder for
them to
access it?

You see, you just can't please all the people all the time. :/

> I get individual mails for this list but I expect getting to the mails
in
> between any hot topic ones is even worse for the digest users.

I don't use, nor do I advocate the use of the digest for this list, it is
far and away more efficient to have your mail client filter/sort the posts
IMHO.

K.