From: Steven Edgar [mailto:yahoogroups@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 April 2003 21:48
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: Automated Roller Blinds?

I've actually got two of the models referred to, and have to say I won't
be
buying any more. The problem I have with them is that I have to
constantly
keep re-adjusting the start and stop positions. The cord isn't, as far
as I
can tell, slipping on the drive wheel, so I guess it's just a design
problem.
The second issue is that about once a week the switch used to stop the
motor
and define the direction of next travel gets stuck mid-way through its
travels, leaving the unit stuck such that it won't move again until you
manually move the switch to the far position.

This is my experience using them on one fairly light roller blind and a
fairly
heavy roller blind.

If anyone has suggested alternatives I'd be happy to hear from them,
there are
several other blinds I need to automate.

Thanks

Steven

<clive.dilley@b...>