Re: [OT] Apache Help

That would be DirectoryIndex. For example, Mandrake's default Apache
configuration comes with:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.php3 index.shtml index.cgi
index.pl index.htm Default.htm default.htm
</IfModule>

in /etc/httpd/conf/commonhttpd.conf

Depending on the system you are using, your configuration files may be
elsewhere and this directive may be in httpd.conf.

Incidentally, for future reference, knowing that index.html worked, a quick
way to find what it was in the configuration files that pointed to this
would be to do:

grep -r "index.html" /etc/httpd/conf/*

Again, substituting the location of apache's configuration files on your
system. Of course, I am assuming you are running apache on *nix for grep to
be available.

Cheers,

Bruno