Re: XBox Advanced scart

Dean,

You will only get dolby digital if you connect an optical digital lead from
the
xbox to the amp.  There should either be a breakout box built into the
lead, or
a little TOSLink socket on the xbox end of the cable where you plug the
optical
cable in.

If you haven't got either of these then you haven't got a suitable lead -
it
may just be one that offers RGB out + stereo sound....

--
Tony

> ----- Message from dean@xxxxxxx ---------
>     Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:23:04 +0100
>     From: Dean Barrett <dean@xxxxxxx>
>  Subject: [ukha_d] XBox Advanced scart
>       To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>
> I've just purchased an Advance scart cable off Ebay..
>
> I'm now wondering if its a proper one.
>
> When i connect it to my AMP i get sound ok - but i do not get Dolby
Digital
> symbol appear - just the PCM symbol.
>
> Should i get the Digital ?? - without i guess i'm not getting 5.1
>
> Is there anyway to test it ??
>

> Thanks
>

> Dean.
>

> ** UKHA2003 BE THERE! Details here: