Re: ***TiVo Mailing List - SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT***

>> implication is that anyone that runs thier own email server is a
>spammer, the
>
>I have never implied that at all.

I didn't say that *you* did....

>> fact that a (server) header does not match the domain is not an
>indication that
>> it's spam.
>
>It is for certain domain names. One of our checks is that any e-mail
>received with a sending domain of a popular web based account (eg.
Yahoo,
>MSN, Excite, etc) is rejected if the sending e-mail server is not of
the
>same domain. A vast amount of spam is rejected with this simple rule
>alone.

Quite right too.... however, many email checkers do this as a matter
of course, I'm just pointing out that, unless it is from one of those
instant
accounts, it's not a particularly valid check..

>And the spam situation is predicted to get worst, much worst. The
majority
>of our e-mail server resources and bandwidth are wasted in handling
spam.
>Spam is not as harmless as some people think.

I'd advocate using the secret email services about the web, at least they
allow
you to work out who or what gave your email address away.,,,,

Andy