Re: Bluetooth dongle + Linux?

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 06:13:46PM +0100, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 17:46, Simon McCartney wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 02:26:49PM +0100, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
> > > Anyone managed to get a bluetooth dongle up and running
under Linux?

> > Yep, the bluetooth people were smart when they defined the std,
they
> > defined the USB API (&PCI/PCMCIA) as well, so any USB dongle
should work, I
> > have an el-cheapo wavelink, which works fine with the bluez stuff
from
> > debian, as long as you compile suitable kernel support.
>
> I've finally managed to get the phone to work with some of the
openobex
> examples, but using the Affix stacj instead.
>
> I use Redhat 9 at the moment, but I havn't had time to play with it
much
> yet, but it looks like it loads the Bluez stack, but doesn't come
> shipped with any of the tools needed to access it :-(
>
> I tried compiling, but that just borked too, and I havn't had time to
> see what's missing yet.
>
> > I managed to get my T68i GPRS connection working in about an hour
:-)

> Lucky git :-)
>
> What do you sync it to?

Ummm, I don't really, I just backup using t68tool, I toyed with writing a
plugin for J-pilot (I'm a Palm user), but couldn't be bothered in the end.

If I was an Evolution user, I might be more interested, but as I yet I'm
still using mutt, which rocks for mailing lists like this as it does
sensible message threading...

-simonm (E: simon@xxxxxxx W: +44 28 9072 5060 M: +44 7710 836915)
The trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was.