[ADVICE] Web enabling a product

Hi,

We have a product I need to add a browser interface to.
The product is supported via PC based application at the moment and want to
add browser interface using the same PC.

The product is controlled via a serial port.

I have done this before but it was a while ago.  I used Microsoft IIS and a
VB CGI library.

Is this still an OK way to do it or should I be considering other
techniques.

Thanks in advance

Clive