Booting a Pc

Hi all,

I have connected a relay to an HV port so as to boot my main PC when I get
home.

The relay works as expected but does not boot the PC as I expected.....

I was assuming when I press the "on" button on the PC it just
"makes" the circuit and the PC boots, so I just connected the on
switch wires onto the relay make contacts and nothing.....

I know the relay part works as expected as I can connect my multimeter to
the wire ends and operate the port and the contact is made....

So does anyone know how the ON button works?

I should say I have not removed the 2 wires from the "on" button
on the PC, I just bared some wire and soldered the 2 wires from the relay
onto the existing wires.

Anyone?

TIA,

B.