Moderation [was RE: Re: You've been framed :-) - NOW CLOSED]

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Moderation [was RE: Re: You've been framed :-) - NOW CLOSED]
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:50:47 +0100

wrote:

> I'm not going to repeat what Phil said, though I do have sympathy
> with some of his points. This thread is now closed (I believe this
> is only the second time I have stepped in since Mark made me a
> moderator).
>
> For the record, the reason the thread is closed is because it seemed
> to be getting into a personal battle and that is not something any
> of us likes to see.

>From the chain of email I received today, the thread closed itself
during the afternoon even before Stuart's suggestion that it go off
list. Everyone seems to have respected that without being told to until
the later post from Phil which lead to an "official" closure from
two
moderators. (No offence is intended towards Phil since from his post it
seems he wished to raise a related but different point unrelated to the
topic of the thread itself.)

"Self moderation" seems to have an effect on the majority of
posters so
should maybe be encouraged.

Mark.