Re: Jail for seller of illegal Xbox chips

Well, as bad as the US DMCA is, it looks to be quite a balanced bit of
legislation compared to the modifications just made the copyright law in
the
UK :

Unfortunately, trying to mobilise and motivate people to write to their
MPs,
express an opinion, or even to just simply *care* about this sort of
legislation is difficult, despite the success of people like stand.org.uk

The discussions in this group have been a perfect example of why this is a
bad thing (tm) the XBox modchip discussions all focus on the cool HA uses
of
them. I don't think I saw anything other than a passing comment about not
having to buy games, yet the legislation "to control piracy" is
being used
to prevent people from using the device they have purchased in the way they
want.

I'm thinking very seriously about an X-Box for our living room, and on a
matter of principle, there won't ever be a game played on it: I'm viewing
it
as a network enabled DVD/Divx/Mp3 player.

I.