Re: Pace Twinview - First Impressions

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Pace Twinview - First Impressions
  • From: "Qriz B" <QrizB@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:49:07 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@f...> wrote:
> I'll try and be as objective as possible here, but being a confirmed
> TiVo fan it won't be easy.
>
> The EPG for recording is utterly woeful! :/
>
> It stinks, sucks and blows, I'm glad it's only for SWMBO to record
> her soaps on if I had to use it I'd be so hacked off it's unreal!
> To be fair it is better than a VHS deck, but after experiencing
> TiVo (if you've had the pleasure) you will be so disappointed in
> how it's been done. There is no season pass option, there is only
> what's on now and next shown in the EPG.

(Sorry if this point has already been made by someone else, I'm a bit
behind.)

In Pace's defence, the reason the EPG is so woeful is that the
broadcasters aren't, er, broadcasting any EPOG data other than "now
and next". This is all due to change in a couple of months, when
you'll get something more Sky-like.

QrizB.