Re: You've been framed :-)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: You've been framed :-)
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:07:16 -0000

I appreciate that it's important to distinguish between facts and
opinions, so I thought I'd give some facts :-)

- None of the world's top 10 (by repeat visitors) websites uses
frames.

- Google may be "harder for the newbie", but it has caught the
lion's
share of the search engine market, despite the fact that MSN search
comes bundled as a default in Windows.

A seminal book is not based on the number of web pages it uses as
examples. It is based on the number of leading web pages that quote
the book as best practice... In this particular case, to name a few,
Apple, AOL, Netscape, Excite@Home (RIP), BarnesAndNoble, and
Kingfisher
:-) ...

You say "it is likely" that there are books out there
recommending
frames as part of good design. It would be interesting to see some,
and see which websites quoted THEM as inspiration.

Mark