RE: [OT] HTML Help

I would tend to agree in most cases, and personally I steer well clear of
frames but there are instances where I've found a framed content necessary.
One example being:

I have an xml file listing CD's with details, it's generated by CDTrustee
(with a little "tweaking") the page has two sections, one on the
left which
displays artists, click the artist and the albums are then listed, click
the
album and on the right the album details are displayed.

I want the list of artists to stay where they are so I can scroll through
the album details and the other albums. I tried a static menu that follows
you as you scroll, but as soon as you get more than a screens worth of
artists, you are never able to select the lower ones.

The only answer I could come up with was with frames.....

Neil

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Frost Neil wrote:
> Yeah, but a necessary one at times.....

When? There is never a need to use frames, IMHO.

Maccy