From: Neil F=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 11:39 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] [OTish} Help me choose an ipaq

I know this group has quite a few ipaq users, so am hoping you can help m=
e decide which handheld computer to get.

I will be using it for internet use via bluetooth with my T68i while I'm =
out and about. depending how good the remote control on it is, I might use
=
it instead of my pronto in the house. I might in the future use it for
rout=
e planning in the car. I already have a garmin gps (12XL), but this
connect=
s to a serial port. Would this gps be no good for the ipaqs?

I notice carphonewarehouse have the 3970 (inc bluetooth) for =A3399 or th=
e 5450 (inc bluetooth and 802.11b) for =A3499. I do have a wireless access
=
point, so the WLAN feature on the 5450 would be nice but I hear it eats
the=
battery power if you use it anyhow...

Anyone any comments or suggestions or other models that would suit my nee=
ds?

thanks
Neil