From: Matthew Norman [mailto:mafiu@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 10:04 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] PIR through glass

Does PIR work through glass?

I want to create a welcome light at the front door that turns the internal
lights on in the porch before I unlock the door.

I thought I could pop a x10 pir behind the glass so that when someone came
to the door and started fumbling with keys the light came on.  Would this
work?  I want the effect to be contained and not to trigger when people
walk
passed the end of the path like other external PIRs which then blind any
passers by.

Just wondering.

Matthew