RE: Help with extending NTL cable

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Help with extending NTL cable
  • From: Kevin Meynell <kevin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 11:48:15 +0100

>It works with a longish cable trailed across the floor. I'll give in a
go
>with half a drum of Sat cable and see what happens.

Somewhat related to this question, I'm interested in moving one of my NTL
dual outlet faceplates to a more convenient location and generally route
the cables under the floorboards from the exterior box instead of around
the outside of the house. Both the faceplate and exterior box use
F-connectors internally, so it should just be a matter of disconnecting and
reconnecting the cables at the appropriate ends.

However, my question is this? The existing coax cable between the exterior
box and the dual faceplates (one for TV/FM, one for cable modem) would
appear to be RG59, but will CT100 work okay instead? This would appear to
have been discussed before, but I'm not sure that a conclusion was reached.
[Yes, I know that I'm supposed to get NTL to do any work between the
(unsealed) exterior box and faceplates, but they're not going to do
anything different to me and I'd rather spend the GBP 50 fee on a reel of
RG59 if necessary.]

Regards,

Kevin Meynell