Re: Lights, cabling, CBus, etc.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Lights, cabling, CBus, etc.
  • From: "Dave Sussman" <davids@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:07:08 +0100

Ah yes, I meant 1.5mm - I really should learn to type. But thanks for
confirming it 8)

> I speak only as a cynical observer, but I'd bet money that their
> flavour of
> CAT5 costs double what you'd pay at any of the usual electrical
> wholesalers/IT suppliers.... ;-)

The cynic in me agrees too. I'd rather save some money, and I don't
really care where I get it from. A different colour would be useful, but
as you say I should be able to get that anywhere.

> If these the ones I am thinking of, I'd avoid them for no other reason

> than
> the construction of them is pretty cheap. <snip>

Thanks for the warning. I know they are pretty cheap, but it's nice to
know why! My brother has also warned me off the Screwfix non-branded
electrical stuff, so maybe I'll just spend a bit more. With the advice
>from

Thanks

Dave