From: mark_harrison_uk2
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 6:04 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Divx encoding - computationally intensive

I understand that Divx encoding is computationally intensive.
However, it strikes me that the video side if not the audio is the
kind of thing that does indeed lend itself nicely to "grid"
computing.

Anyone aware of any distributed processing client/server that does
Divx encoding at a level more sophisticated than copying one VOB to
each PC and telling them to "go encode"?

M.