InfraX Manager with bluetooth support

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: InfraX Manager with bluetooth support
  • From: "Dan" <dtoma@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 19:17:01 +0300

Hi all,

A new version of the InfraX Manager (1.6.x) is under way. I hope to be able
to post it on my site in a couple of days (maybe even on Monday evening,
when the new help file will be finished).

It will include the following main new features:

- Bluetooth support (for the moment just for Ericsson T39/R520/T68). You
will be able to use the phone keyboard to trigger any output event from the
available ones (infrared, X10, application, Winamp, IR Dimmer, or future
ones). You will get the feedback of the command on the phone display. Just
an example: if you use it with winamp as output events, you will get the
current melody name on the phone display. For any other a short
confirmation
of the executed command is displayed or the error message (if any). They
are
2 operation modes for Bluetooth: manually and automatically. For the first
one, you must connect manually to the phone. For the second one the phone
will be discovered automatically when the Bluetooth is enabled.

- all devices are now internal plugins. You can enable or disable each of
them independently and only the available one will be in the list and/or
monitored. IR is seen as two plugins, one for input and the other one for
output. Further version will have the ability to use user defined external
plugins for input and output.

- a new routine is used to detect available COM ports. I hope in that way
solve the problem on some Win9x computers which cannot detect any available
COM port. If still doesn't work, please download and install from Microsoft
"Microsoft Layer for Unicode on Windows 95/98/ME Systems"

If anyone with an Ericsson Bluetooth phone (T39m/R520/T68) and a
USB-bluetooth dongle wants to help me do some tests, please send me a mail
and I will send you a prerelease of the new version by mail, during this
evening. There is about 500Ko of data. I really need your help to
thoroughly
test and finalize this version.

Thank you all and best regards.

Dan