RE: Sensing my garage door

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Sensing my garage door
  • From: "Paul" <p-gale@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:01:12 +0100

Thanks Frank - to the rescue again!

The open/close lines are a simple switch closure type so I guess fairly
easy for HV to ‘close’ the switch (or do I need a relay?).

The other lines are a bit more difficult. I’ve simply taken a line
from gnd on the garage door opener and directly from the microswitch
terminals. These show +5V respectively when the door is open and closed.
Obviously if I take these signals and connect them through the input of the
opto - I would short-circuit the door opener (not good).

What I need to know is how to ‘sense’ the 5V signals without
interfering with the garage door circuit.

Thanks,

Paul.