UKHA 2003 Announcement - MODERATED!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: UKHA 2003 Announcement - MODERATED!
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 13:31:57 -0000

I know Ken tried to kick off discussion yesterday, but unfortunately
it descended into the usual light hearted banter about the
substantial proportions of some of our members. So this thread is
only to be used to discuss details of the forth coming meet. Please
do feel free to discuss any details of the meet here but for this
thread alone please do keep ON topic.

Mark has put together a page giving details of all the current demos
booked for the event http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?
story_id=1110. I have to say I find it amazing to look through that
list and see how much stuff is being displayed at the event, and a
little concerned that I have two demos to prepare in a little over a
month!

I would urge everyone who has not yet paid to please send the money
in, we really do need to firm up on numbers as much as possible to
help decide on room layout and other factors. This event is 100%
paid for by the money received so far, so unless things go badly in
the Gulf and Saddam invades the South of England, I can see no
reason for the event to be anything other than a complete success.
There really is no reason for anyone to hesitate in confirming their
bookings now.

I will ensure that I read and reply to any question on this thread
as quickly as possible and I'm sure Mark will do the same. In most
cases it will be best to ask and answer questions about the meet on
this thread rather than by private mail so that everyone is kept
informed.

Finally, a big thankyou to everyone who has contributed so far,
there is still a lot to prepare, but I am sure this will be a
fantastic event!

Regards

Graham Howe
UKHA 2003 Organiser