RE: Pronto & X10 House Codes

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Pronto & X10 House Codes
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 07:23:52 +0100

> I've been pulling my hair out over the past couple of weeks
> trying to get a reliable setup to allow my Prontos to control
> my X10 devices. When I set all the X10 stuff up, I foolishly
> used a house code for each room in the house - thought I'd
> allow some room for future projects ;-)

That's basically what I do ... A housecode per room.

> Having obtained an IR7243AH to convert IR to X10, I thought
> it would be a simple matter to program the pronto to send a
> house code followed by a unit code. However, no matter how
> many delays or different combinations I use, I find that only
> about one in three commands actually get through. The others
> seem to be interpreted as either a house code with no unit
> code, a unit code with no house code, or (occasionally) a
> house code followed by a repeated unit code (i.e. A33 instead
> of A3). SWIMBO is starting to loose faith in her ability to
> control vital things like the downstairs curtains, so the
> situation is getting serious!
>
> Has anyone else been through this pain and found a reliable solution?

Well I've not been through that pain and my IR7243AH is almost 100%
accurate
... Only when Jo puts the damn Pronto down and masks the IR while its
running a Macro does it ever screw up!

Drop me an email at work (phil@xxxxxxx) and I'll send you an old
copy of my CCF with the X10 commands in it that I know work fine here.

Phil