An advance apology and something about meetings...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: An advance apology and something about meetings...
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 20:19:04 +0100

Okay we all know about UKHA2003, unless you're really new to the list
and then you should have seen it on www.automatedhome.co.uk anyway. If
you missed that then please go to the corner and put on the cap with the
"D" on it, there's a funny ugly guy there from Holland who wears
it most
of the time.

Anyway the reason for the post is that I'm apologising to all the
victims that will have to put up with my drunken babble at the meeting
(Tony, shut it!) and the appalling demo of Homevision I've been coerced
into doing, but I'm sure there will be no casualties, I hope. Ah well,
never mind the NHS is outstanding so I suppose that there's some comfort
in that, no pun intended.

If you haven't already done so then get details, get a form and get in
touch with Graham Howe to book a spot on the wackiest meeting you'll
attend all year, unless of course you attend the Scottish one as well,
which was a bit surreal the last time! :P

Graham can be reached at graham@xxxxxxx and he doesn't bite, Mark
has assured me of that.

Of course there are lots of goodies on the go as there is at every
meeting, prizes with kinda competitions, the demo's of kit you normally
will never see anywhere else and I'm sure a few surprises along the way,
this isn't an exact science after all. ;)

Oh and some of the demo's this year look like being very cool indeed,
apart from the HV one, but then I do have a lot of competition to face.
:/

There may well also be some special deals on offer and they'll only be
available at UKHA 2003.

All in all I'm sure a good time will be had by all and there will be a
lot of HA talk and drinking done! And *every* meet without exception has
proved productive and informative to everyone that attended. Apart from
which you get to see the people that you're slagging off all the time
which has its own charm.

As for the Scottish meet, well we are going to look at a place to eat
while that esteemed bargain seeker Phil is up here on a visit later this
month God help us!

K.