Re: [OT] (ish) - Bluetooth connection for iPAQ?

Paul Gordon wrote:
> OK,
>
> so I got my nice new iPAQ 3970 with Bluetooth...
> I got a bluetooth USB dongle in another PC...
>
> The two devices see each other OK, and are talking...
>
> But I can't seem to get a LAN connection working to the iPAQ, so I
can't
> connect the iPAQ to the web...
>
> I also can't get activesync to work over the connection either...
>
> Anyone wanna help me out here?

The quick-fix I used was to tell the PC to map a virtual bluetooth
serial port to the serial interface on the iPAQ, which then let me use
ActiveSync, and via that, web access.

Haven't bothered to explore it much, since the adapter is connected to
the laptop within reaching distance of my seat, so it's normally easier
to fire up the laptop than the iPAQ.... :-D

I *am* looking for a longer term solution probably hanging the BT USB
off a Linux box and getting it to work as a proper LAN, but I started
ages ago, and got sidetracked onto other things.

--
Doogie