Re: REQ: Bluetooth -> LAN info. NOW P800

Having used the P800 for a few days, I am more than happy with it - the
only disadvantage over the Psion is the lack of a full keyboard - but I use
a small
laptop whenever I need to do Excel or Word editing. The Psion isnt great
for serious editing either - and to get email onto the Psion was always hit
and miss using infra red. I am looking for a banking application for the
P800 and once found, it will replace 95% of the Psion functionality.

The phone function of the P800 is good - easy to conference call, and use
call waiting - as well as the 1000+ contact memory. I;m not into SMS or MMS
so that side of things is lost to me.

The camera function is basic - not high resolution, and more of a gimmick -
but would be useful if I had a car prang say - saves carrying another
gadget wherever I go.

In summary it does PDA function well, email well, phone well, camera not so
good.

The Nokia 6210 was the best phone I had previous to the P800 (I have had
most of the Nokias including the 9000 communicator, and the 9210
communicator, I also had a T68). The P800 does all I ask and in a
relatively compact size.

I have not used the P800 for HA applications - so I cant comment - it does
have a full html browser - but you need to connect to the cellular network
rather than using WLAN - so expensive to control within the home - outside
the home - would be useful and could easily check upon CCTV etc. A bit
overkill to switch on lights etc though.

Hope that helps someone

Umar