Re: BBC 'direct' on satellite

> It said it has offered to pay Sky "a fair price" for this
service
> "including a profit margin".

[..]]

Yeah, Sky are gonna be happy to lose all that revenue AND make life easy
for
the BBC.

Hands up who thinks sky will roll over and BBC1 will stay on channel 101,
with
BBC paying their "fair price"?
Hands up who thinks BBC's "fair price" will result in them being
relegated to
somewhere in the middle of the porn channels? :)

> The BBC's move, he said, will make digital switchover so much easier
as
> satellite broadcasts will be able to reach the 15% or so of UK viewers
> who will be difficult geographical targets for digital terrestrial TV.

Sure it'll be easier.
Do you, the luddite consumer, want to:
a) press '1' to view bbc 1  (easy peasy to remember, that's wot i do now)
b) press '101' to view bbc 1 (not as easy, but not so bad....)
c) press '938' to view bbc 1 (hmmm....)

I can see option c) attracting the analogue customers in droves :-)

--
Tony