Re: [OT] Electricity Bill

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Electricity Bill
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:19:46 -0000

I phoned them yesterday and ordered 2 myself. The guy said that they had
no=
n in stock but had
23 in stores around the company and would "pull" two back for me.
That's th=
e reason why the
delivery was longer. He also said he didn't know if/when they were getting
=
any more stock.

On the subject of electricity usage I did a quick test the other night. I
c=
hecked
the meter reading and I left my main PC (Athlon1.4 + 7000rpm fan, 2 IDE
720=
0rpm discs,
19" Belinea Monitor) on all night, then checked the meter, then left
the PC=
off all night
and rechecked. Figures were 11.5 units used when PC was on (10:30pm -
10am)=
compared to
only 5 units used with PC off (10:30pm - 8:30am).

Our monthly bill is budgeted at =A325 per month.. but I've checked the
mete=
r readings and by
my reckoning I owe them =A3600 !! Gulp... :(

Marcus

Message: 24