From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 5:46 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] lcd bathroom project again - success yet?

> Umar,
>
> Nice screen, definitely would not look out of place in a home
environment.
I see there's a touchscreen option too. You'd have to check, but the
humidity spec referenced by the other poster may only apply to the
"hidden"
bit. Typically the rear part of the displays are only protected to IP20
(protection against wayward fingers and no moisture protection) whereas the
front would be suitable for a rugged industrial environment. There was also
a screen protector IIRC for repelling liquid spills.

> Also see this one:

http://www.ad.siemens.de/hmi/html_76/products/hardware/lcd_displays/lcd_12in
ch.htm
> Stated to be IP65, the surround isn't stainless steel though :-(
>
> We *may* get some of the Siemens screens at work to play wi...
<cough> I
mean test and asses. I'll be sure to report back if we do.