RE: Skirting Level lighting

I don't know if any of you guys have ever considered this, but rope lights
are freely available, cheap, and come in a range of colours and lengths
these days.

A rope light could easily be positioned along the top or bottom of a
skirting board (especially easy if you are refurbishing and putting new
skirting on anyway). the stuff is robust, (it's actually suitable for
outdoor use), there's nothing to change in the rope itself, (so no problem
plastering it into a wall).

As an example, I have a 30 metre blue ropelight (which is long enough to go
completely round my living room once), which I bought at an el-cheapy shop
in Walthamstow market for £25, which has a controller which allows it to
run
an about a half-a-dozen different modes, - on constant, flashing, fade
up-fade out, and so on...

Paul G.

>From: "Bricknell, Tony" <tony.bricknell@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Skirting Level lighting
>Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:17:06 +0200
>
>This link was posted a while ago
>
>http://www.terralec.com/products/catalog/enter.html?target=TRUSSING_zg_STAGE
>STAIR_NOSING.html
>
>Whist the stair nosing may not be what you want, the lights in plastic
>tubing may be an option.
>
>Or you could use some of those (bulk-bought) white LED's...
>
>http://theledlight.com/specialuse.html
list some interesting products.