Re: IR Distribution ( What Cable )

Nikola Kasic wrote:
> So, all that difference is in theory then?
> Nik

The same theory that says that you cant run cat 5 past power and you can
only have x meters of patch cable and blah blah

However, some of the gear does have open collector outputs so they are
more prone to noise then if it was a proper line drive, but they do this
so you can parallel detectors etc. Open collector directly driving a
blinker tho will not be an issue as it would be like expecting
interferance to light an led etc.

The gear isnt designed to output or input a balanced signal, so it is a
mis-match of cables, but with the lo-freq of IR, I dont think you would
even get enough coupling between 2 wires of a pair to have crosstalk issues.

I did have problems with running ir rx and tx on the same cable with my
home-brew solution, but this was sorted but not having a drive for the
LED at the remote end. I suspect it was power related rather then
crosstalk between the pairs.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor