RE: Nokia 6310i

Oi!  I've got a 320 (upgraded from a TT, even more of a hairdressers car).

Despite your misplaced assumption of my profession, I'll share my Bluetooth
experiences...

I installed the Parrot CK3000 a few months ago in the SLK, and use it with a
6310.  It cost around ?130 from Expansys via another group buy.  Depending
on your head unit, the connections you'll need to make are scotchloks into
the speaker wires and phone mute, and power.  I got a separate speaker as I
didn't want to tap into the audio speakers.  It all works reasonably well,
top up or down.  People occasionally complain of me sounding like a robot (I
don't normally, honest), but they can still hear me fine.  You'll also need
to run the mic around to the sun visor, and the hangup/connect button needs
to go somewhere.  It all took me about 90 mins to fit, but most of that time
was taken in trying to get the headunit back in without the massive clump of
wiring getting in the way!

The CK3000 has an Erricsson chip in it, so if used with a T68i, you get a
new menu on the phone and voice announcement of who's calling (presumably
you would have already stored this in the phone).  With the Nokia, all you
get is voice dialling for the 10 (maximum) you'll have stored, otherwise
you'll need to use the handset.  My main reason for getting the Parrot was
that I didn't want a phone holder in the car, and didn't see a need for an
external aerial or power supply.  The 6310 easily lasts a day on full
charge, even with 3 or 4 hours of calls, and the reception is always pretty
good (now that we're on Vodafone, Cellnet was truely shite, especially on
the M25).

I'll be keeping the car for a couple of years, and will probably change my
phone at least twice over that period, so having a Bluetooth kit obviously
allows you to do that without changing the kit (assuming the new phone is
Bluetooth, which of course it will be).  I suspect that the Nokia kit would
be higher quality than the Parrot, but at the time it was not available.

HTH

Pete