Re: Service for those without ADSL

Graham Howe wrote:

> connection to the net) I have set up various web pages that cause my
> home server to connect and log it's current IP and then go on to create
> a oage with connections back to the server. There are also pages for

Hi Graham,

Sounds good.... this sort of arrangement is something one of my mates
has been thinking about due to not being able to get ADSL. What are you
using to "cause my home server to connect" ? Thats the only thing thats
puzzling me..... I've thought about various options with something like
Homeseer Phone or some other answering software to force the home pc to
do the dial out to the net.... I even remember some software I had from
my old BBS days which would sit and monitor the ring count, and if you
rang the exact number of times, then hung up, it would launch the BBS
software, so you could call back into it in a couple of minutes time.....

Cheers

--
Doogie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor