Re: [OT] Dolby Digital on PC?

Speaking of KAT5 dare I ask any updates from Keith on IR Return?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 12:25 PM
Subject: Fw: [ukha_d] [OT] Dolby Digital on PC?

I use a Creative 4.1 - it has a 3.5mm jack for SPDIF output (so I have a 3.5 to phono converter).

All wired down to the Amp.

Shame we can't get spdif over KAT5 somehow :-)

G.
Gareth Cook
Technical Consultant

EMEA ED, IBM SWG
Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office:  +44 (0) 1784 445 166
Mobile:  +44 (0) 7980 445 166
Fax:      +44 (0) 1784 499 166
Work: g@xxxxxxx
Personal:
g@xxxxxxx
AIM Chat : TheBoyG
MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 19/09/2002 12:27 -----
Discussion
Main Topic

"Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
Today 12:15
.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] [OT] Dolby Digital on PC?
.
Category:

I would like a sound card that can output digital to connected to a Dolby
Digital amp.

Is the Creative SB Audigy a good card?

If I play VOB files on my PC will the sound output as DD ok?

Can I play DivXs with AC3 this way?

Any advice or recommendations appreciated.

M.