Re: Touch Screen PC

Ive gotta agree with Phil!

jim
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 12:17 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Touch Screen PC

> > We've had "value for money" debates before - I'm sure you all
> > remember my falling out with Gerrard over the gorgeous
> > Panasonic 15" widescreen LCD TV. Whether a piece of kit is
> > too expensive is up to the person who is looking to buy it.
>
> Sorry Phil but I disagree (as always) ...

*sigh* Of course you do...

> There is always someone, somewhere who can afford to buy an
> item at any price. Value for money is weighing up the plus
> points of an item and comparing it to the cost. That is
> totally independent of the intended purchaser.

Actually Gerrard that is complete b*llocks.

I'm looking at a Denon A1SR AV amp - it's £3,000.

What you're saying is that somewhere there is a definition of whether
this is value for money or not, because you seem to stating "That is
totally independent of the intended purchaser." So in that case the
definition of whether it is value for money is not made by me as someone
interested in it but by someone else.

I like the Denon ... I actually think that it is pretty good value for
money ... I'm trying to find some way of managing to afford it but at
the same time I'm open minded enough to also be trying to find a Pioneer
AX10 to take a listen to just in case it's as good.

Some people think that the Denon at £3k is too expensive - for them it
possibly is and I would never try to argue otherwise *FOR THEM* - but
then again there are people that wouldn't bat an eyelid at the Lexicon
MC12 at £10k+ who wouldn't even contemplate such a "cheap" unit as the
Denon ... Hence value for money is absolutely determined by the
individual!

Phil

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor