RE: RE: (OT) PC display on TV

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE: (OT) PC display on TV
  • From: "Jason Lee" <jasonjlee@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 12:36:45 +0100

Interesting topic this, which comes around time and again.

With my ntl digial settop box, if I pull up the menus which are overlays
generated by the box, I find the text much sharper in scart-RGB than in
anything else. This 'computer generated' stuff shows the difference very
clearly. I run in rgb mode all the time.

With the matrox g400 series, the 'dual-head' allows output to TV. It
comes bundled with an s-video and composite output. It is possible to
make a SCART RGB lead. With scart rgb, the tv output is much sharper.

So the best TV out I've seen is a matrox card with scart rgb cable.
There are issues with drivers that seem to snag on things all the time,
so check into the current status before jumping in.

If the panasonic has vga input, get a matrox dualhead card, and you can
clone displays and have a really sharp picture (don't know if your set
has that or not, I guess not or you would have mentioned it).

(NOTE: I have read rumours regarding scart rgb out on ati cards, but as
of yet I've never owned or seen one)