PLUG - Re: Bar Code Shopping List (Was: Tesco Launches WirelessShopping)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: PLUG - Re: Bar Code Shopping List (Was: Tesco Launches WirelessShopping)
  • From: Lee <LeeCausier@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:23:17 +0100

Amar Nagi wrote:

>anyone know where i can get a barcode reader at a great price ? :-)

Hi Amar,
        I think I might be of help.

<PLUG>
I happen to have several Symbol LS-2020s (Laser Barcode Scanners, more
reliable and scan wider barcodes than CCDs AFAIK) with some home-made VB software (uses Symbol's OPOS ActiveX control, but data comes plaintext
and therefore could be used with minicom) which are RS232 based and use a spare PS/2 (or Legacy Keyboard) port for power, but are 5v (work on
6v) and can be easily attached to a wall-wart, which I did when I gave
one to the librarian as an end-of-term present. I have been selling
these on eBay for between =A340 and =A355 on average (=A370 once) with mum'= s UID.

See http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D17= 58601571&rd=3D1
for details.

I'd be happy :D to sell you one of these if you're interested.

</PLUG>

Regards,

Lee Causier

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or