Re: Micro ITX

I'm tempted to wait for the new model coming out late thise year.
It's got 5.1 sound, faster memory and probably better processor and
graphics.

Of course there's always something better around the corner.

I can't really buy just yet anyway, but I'm monitoring the situation.

--
Steve

--- In ukha_d@y..., Ant Skelton <ant@a...> wrote:
> steevc wrote:
>

> > I've heard that they struggle to play Divx or DVD.
>
> I've not noticed any problems with DVD playback. Not the best
quality in
> the world, but quite acceptable. Not tried Divx tho.
>

> > I'm also considering going to Linux for various reasons
>
> Choose your distribution with care then! Make sure it's one that
> supports the C3 processor. Other distros will assume it's a P3 and
then
> barf, on account of it not supporting an optional instruction (CMOV
if I
> remember correctly). This is actually a shortcoming in the gcc
compiler;
> there were some moves afoot a while ago to fix it, but it all seems
> have gone quiet.
>
> I'll have a dig around to see which are the known good distros.
>

> ant

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor