RE: Garage door recommendations

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Garage door recommendations
  • From: "Stu Worrall" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:00:02 +0100

Bov

After looking at lots of options (cost being one of the main priorities) we went with a Wickes GRP door.  Theyre available for about =A3210.00 = and
seem to be about the same as other more expensive door providers.  I fitted ours myself with the help of our neibour.  It took most of the<= BR> day but was quite straightforward.

As for control, Wickes sell an automatic chain opener for about =A3160 ish<= BR> which I havent got round to buying yet.  No idea on how suitable it is=
for automation but if anyone else knows much about these then I would
like some more info as Im looking to buy one.

>From what ive read before the general advise is to not automate it via
X10 as a random switch on or the neibour buying some X10 to try could
end with your garage being opened while your not there!

If you want to spend a bit more then I believe that Henderson garages
are quite reliable.

Hope this helps.

Stu Worrall