Re: low energy bulbs and x-10

> That's strange! I bought one and the leaflet said not to be used with
> low energy bulbs, so I put it back into the box and was going to get a
> refund! I suppose I could try it anyway, although I was wondering
> about using x10 light switches rather than the bayonet fittings.

Given that the majority of suppliers don't recommend their use with low energy bulbs, combined with the other limitations of the LM15 (like no local control) I'd suggest avoiding them if you want to control low energy bulbs.

>  The problem is that the one I found on the web site includes a dimmer, so
> that's for incandescent bulbs only too! Is there an x10 on/off only
> patress-mounted switch?

There is the AW10U, which is exactly like the LW10U light switch, other than the fact that it uses a relay and can therefore be used to switch low energy bulbs.

See:
http://www.letsautomate.com/10030.cfm?CFID=51449&CFTOKEN=78137213

The page shows both the light switch (LW10) and the appliance switch (AW10) and should give you all the info you need.

Regards,

John

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor