Color Kinetics update

  • To: "HA Yahoo group UK" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Color Kinetics update
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:40:22 +0100

Hi

Ok, this is getting more like a soap opera !

Rang supplier today, he still has not had time to look what units he has or to test them. He believes there are about another one hundred units. If so that will mean I could deliver all the orders. However what do I do in the mean time. I still have around seventy units here. Do I allocate on a first come first serve basis, make it so everyone gets at least some or wait for the supplier to come back to me. Bear in mind the supplier could get a better offer and sell them elsewhere and then we are left with just the units here to share out.

opinions on this will be appreciated.

On a seperate note I have added the colour wash feature to the DMX controller. It simply cycles through the colours if you recall memory 1. The time for this can be set between about 1.5 seconds to approx 30 minutes. I will try to pop some info on a web page somewhere over the next couple of days. The unit at the moment is keypad only I could probably convert it to RS232 in a few hours. I know both in one unit would be good but I just do not think the PIC could handle DMX o/p, RS232 i/p and keyboard scan, sorry. I will try to do any requests this week, but after that I really should carry on with a project I left to do the DMX controller, I'm miles behind where I should be.

I will try to publish the circuit diagram and some pics as well as the code, I don't think enough people want them for it to be worthwhile producing a PCB but please say if I'm wrong.

Ian D

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor