RE: X10 Questions

Phillip Harris wrote:
> > Yes there are problems. The LW10 is only designed for
> > incandescent bulbs. I believe some people have had some
> > success using them with some halogen lighting, but I had
> > problems using them with halogen lighting.
>
> Incandescent bulbs are fine,
> 240v (GU10) Halogens seem OK too,
> *MAGNETIC* transformers for LV Halogens seem OK.
>
> Electronic transformers do not seem to work properly on LW10's...

I have always had problems with 240V GU10 halogens on LW10s.

> > The rating of the LW10 is 60-500W which is well above the
> > rating of most low energy bulbs. However, a correctly
> > automated system using ordinary bulbs could be comparable
> > both environmentally and economically to an unautomated
> > system of low energy bulbs.
>
> The rating of the LW10 is 60 - 300w...

This was origially taken from the spec sheet from X10 (230 VAC - 50 Hz -
500
W LOAD RATING). It seemed high so I later checked a unit and corrected this
statement to the 60-300W range for the LW10U. I must stop relying on
European X10 spec sheets to cover the UK version.

Yahoo seems to have temproarily swallowed my original correction.

Mark.