From: David Claxton [mailto:UKHA@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 October 2002 16:56
To: UKHA Mailing List
Subject: [ukha_d] X10 Questions

Hello,
Just a few X10 questions from a beginner:

1. What's the maximum distance that the X10 transmitter will be able to send
a signal? (for example will I be able to switch on/off a light/appliance in
my garage which is not adjoined to my house?)

2. What are the advantages/disadvantages of using an X10 wall switch over an
X10 light socket?

3. Will I still be able to use the light switch to switch the light on and
off regardless of what state I last left the X10 light switch controller?
(for example if I have switched the light off via X10 will I be able to walk
into the room and switch the light back on with the light switch?)

4.I saw mention of an IR controlled/touch sensitive light switch from TLC
Direct, can these be used in conjunction with an X10 socket?

Thanks in advance.