  From: Paul Gordon
  To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 9:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [ukha_d] X10 Home control kit and Win XP

  Yes Dan,

  fixing this problem is actually quite simple...

  Uninstall the Activehome software, replace the CD in its sleeve,

  and throw it on a bonfire... (Nov 5th isn't far away...)

  then get yourself a copy of either:

  Autom8it - www.autom8it.com (which is free)
  Homeseer - www.keware.com (which isn't free but has a 30 day trial)

  either of these products are a gazillion times better that activehome, which
  is no more than a steaming pile....

  HTH

  Paul G.

  >From: "Dan" <dtoma@xxxxxxx>
  >Subject: [ukha_d] X10 Home control kit and Win XP
  >Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:19:50 +0300
  >
  >Hi all,
  >
  >I just order and receive my first  X10 starter kit (Active Home) and I have
  >tried to install the included software on Windows XP.
  >Then found on the Intellihome web site a new version of the application
  >(1.42).
  >With both of them, the system hangs when I start the application.
  >I have test it on several Windows XP computers (desktop and notebooks) with
  >the same result.
  >This is my first step in the X10 world and I am really disappointed that
  >after several hours I cannot make it to work.
  >I have no other OS available to test it.
  >
  >Can someone with the same kit help me to solve this issue?
  >
  >Thank you,
  >Dan

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor