RE: CM12U - which port is it on?

>null modem cable issues aside (like have I got one?

Yeah, that's always the hardest part isn't it!

Which is the 'right'
>way to wire them etc!), I've got 8 ports to choose from and no way to
>identify which is which, which complicates the matter even further :(

I have one of these MRI 8-port cards myself, but I'm in the office just now
so I can't look at it... - does it not have *any* indication at all which
of
the two big connectors is which?. - If not, I imagine it might be
reasonable
to assume that the one on the actual card backplane is connector 1 (i.e.
COM1-4), and the one on the remote backplane is number 2 (COM5-8). Also, do
the "octopus" cables not have any indication on the moulded DB9
connector
ends?

I can't remember what was on mine when I tested it, but if it's any help, I
installed mine under Win2K without any problems at all. I tested each and
every port with a Quasar temperature board, which chucks out temp. readings
every second in plain ASCII.

Paul G.

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN.