RE:Ceilaing Spekaers

Try something like http://www.bwspeakers.com/ but I vaguely recollect
the minimum B&W depth being 78mm, although that's to the bottom of the
plasterboard.

It was the least depth I could find of any decent speaker when I was
trawling through looking for speakers over the last year or so.  The
resident UKHA HiFi experts may be able to tell you why, but I think
there's a basic physical scaling issue here, which goes something like:
for decent sound quality you need roughly a 6 inch cone, and a 6 inch
cone cannot be physically much less than about 3inchs in depth.

In one room I have ended up having to cut a circular section out of the
chipboard flooring above, and then allowing the speakers to stick
through a little bit, and then covering over the top with another piece
of board (all because we want to retain the correct
oak-beam/plasterboard depth ratio below- and hence had to move the
speakers from the centre-line of the room to the edge so that I could
indeed recess them).

Of course, you could always try NXT panels if there's no other options.